I would like to use testimonials on our ———–.com website, do you recommend them and if so, what is the best way to use a testimonial?
Hi, yes we definitely recommend the use of testimonials for any business. A testimonial is a statement in support of a particular truth, fact or claim as it relates to your products or services, it can also be as simple as a personal recommendation.
There are three main types of testimonials:
- Video (most effective and believable)
Here’s a few tips on getting effective testimonials:
- To get a great meaningful testimonial you need to plan before hand and tell them what you want them to say as most people don’t know what to say when put on the spot.
- Ask them to share with you precisely how they feel about your products & services and what positive result or change they’ve experienced.
- Ask them to start with something like “As a result of ‘your name or business’…”. For example: ” As a result of Jigsaw Concepts, I’ve been able to spend more time with my family and playing golf because my business is now running how it should be. Our profits have increased by 30% over the past 4 months and as the owner i now have more free time as well!”
- The more personal, genuine and from the heart the better.
- If you’re getting a video testimonial don’t shove the camera in their face, do it discreetly and tell them to forget about the camera and just talk to you (or the camera person)
We hope that has answered your question and given you some good usable info for getting some great customer testimonials. Don’t forget to let us know how it goes.